March 13, 2014 1:51 pm
It’s no wonder then that new apps geared toward helping prospective homebuyers find their dream home seem to come out on a daily basis.
If choosing the best app for your house-hunting needs has you feeling overwhelmed, here’s a look at six great apps that homebuyers should be utilizing to help ease the process.
1. Realtor.com®: The realtor.com® app provides up-to-date real estate listings in the U.S., including homes for sale, for rent or recently sold. Just like you would see on the website, the listings include photos of the house, all property details and price information. You can also easily send houses you’re interested in to others to get feedback before ever leaving the comfort of your own home.
2. Zillow: People already know Zillow for its spot-on home price estimates, but this app goes even further, providing information on not just the house you’re interested in, but an estimate for every house on the block. This can help you get a feel for the neighborhood and an understanding of the chance of the home’s value through the years.
3. Quicken Loans Mortgage Calculator: Your perfect home won’t wait. Reference favorite calculations instantly and determine your options in seconds with this great app. Calculate your estimated loan amount, interest rate, term, or monthly payment with confidence so that you know if you can truly afford a home.
4. GreatSchools: If you have kids—or are planning to have children while you’re in your new home—you’ll want to check out this app which lets you examine all the school statistics for those schools that will be in the district of your new home. The app includes demographic makeup, teacher information and national rankings for each school.
5. AroundMe: Let’s say you’ve found the perfect home online but you don’t know much about the neighborhood. Simply put in the address and this app will tell you how close the nearest grocery store, coffee shop, gym—or just about any retail business—truly is.
6. Houzz Interior Design Ideas: Nicknamed the “Wikipedia of interior and exterior design” by CNN, this helpful app offers a huge database of home design ideas, with more than two million high resolution photos. Users can get plenty of ideas for their house by browsing rooms and creating a virtual ideabook that they can go back to anytime they like.
For more information about apps that can help you with the home-buying process, contact our office today.
Published with permission from RISMedia.