December 14, 2012 6:12 am
• Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store—Take advantage of online coupons and Cash Back savings by avoiding the inevitable long lines in stores. Many merchants offer this option through Christmas Eve.
• eGift cards arrive almost instantaneously—Add a little something extra or grab gifts for those that may have slipped your mind with an eGift card. This is a great last-minute option that won't come with a hefty last-minute shipping price tag. Also, consider gifts that keep on giving such as Wine.com and Omaha Steaks monthly gift packages. You can notify the recipient via email of their gift and they can select when to start shipping.
• Stack Deals—Check and see if a merchant allows you to combine a store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon. The end result will likely yield deep savings. Be sure to look for Cash Back rewards to stretch your money even further this holiday season.
• Mobilize your shopping—Browse on-the-go with your smartphone for easy access to savings and deals. Use mobile apps and simply browse by store to uncover coupon codes, daily deals and automatic Cash Back rewards. If you decide to select an in-store pick-up option for shipping, then you can still take advantage of Cash Back savings even while browsing in store.
• Relax, there's time—Many retailers are extending their deadlines so your gifts arrive by Christmas. You can shop even later with in-store pick-up and avoid express shipping fees – most stores offer this service for free. To ensure your gifts arrive in time:
• Toys "R" Us: Purchase by Friday, December 21 and choose Express Shipping for most items; Order by 2:00 pm on December 24 for same-day in-store pick-up.
• Sears: Purchase by Saturday, December 22 and choose Express Shipping for most items; Choose same-day in-store pick-up and allow at least 2 hours for processing.
• Apple: Order by Saturday, December 22 and choose Express Shipping.
• Walmart: Order by Friday, December 21 and choose Express Shipping; Choose same-day in-store pick-up and allow 4 hours for processing time.
Published with permission from RISMedia.